Tutorials

Monday, September 10, 2012

Put a Bird on it!

 
I whipped up this little ...thingy... on a whim for my sister's birthday.  I used a part of a practice piece of quilting.  A small 6 by 8 inch piece where the tension wasn't terrible on the back and then pretty much cut out random scraps and stitched them down.  No wonder-under or anything.  I think she liked it...
 
 
And then I have another of Peg's embroidery quilts.  This is the peacock one!  How perfect is that fabric? 

 
I did a peacock feather from Judy Woodworth's book Freemotion Quilting around the border. 

 
Thea (who also happens to be my niece) was starting preschool and was not very happy about it.  But she gets to take a blanket with her for nap time and she said that when her peacock quilt was done she would be ready for preschool.  So Nana/Peg had to have it ready!
 
 
 
 

I think it's safe to say that Thea has the fanciest naptime blanket at school :) 
 
 
And that's my birdiest post to date!
 
 

No comments: