Tutorials

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reptile Rumpus

 
Gina had me quilt up a yard of flannel for a baby gift.  Isn't this print adorable?!  It's called Reptile Rumpus.  I used a silver colored thread. 
 
And this was the back.  I did lots of vining leaves along with some large pebbles to fill in the cracks and crevices. 
 
 
 
These are my two blocks for my May do. Good Stitches group.  Sarah made up her own tutorial for this Rolling Diamonds block.  She requested that we use a white or mostly white fabric for the outer background and a black, or mostly black fabric for the center background.  The rest was up to us, but preferring something with high contrast.  So this is what I came up with!  I will say that making square in a square blocks is a little frustrating in that they came out a little small.  But I altered my stitching line a little for the second  block and it came out better.  And of course I made little bonus HST's that will end up in my growing pile of tiny-not-squared-up HST units that will get used for something...someday...

 

No comments: