Tutorials

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Katie's Funky One


My sister Katie made this one.  It's pretty funky!  So I went with some funky quilting.  



In the improv-pieced blocks I did a heart/crescent shaped star in each block.  I only had to mark the diagonal lines as you can see.  I also wanted to have different textures on her setting squares-since she made all the effort to have them in two different fabrics- and did a large pebble on one side and giant loops on the other.



For her pieced stars, I did a bit more traditional feather.


In the funky raw-edge applique flower blocks, I just meandered in the background.  It's super hard to see I know, so you'll just have to believe me :)


This odd-ball block I was nervous about because I used a high contrasting thread, but I think it turned out pretty cool!  I used a silver/gray colored thread throughout the whole quilt.


And on the pieced edges I did a big heart, small heart design.  
I hope my quilting was funky enough for you Katie!  I always have fun with your wild quilts!




No comments: