Tutorials

Monday, September 30, 2013

Self Binding Baby Blanket

 
Looking for a super quick and easy handmade baby shower gift?  This is it!  My mom shared this video with me on how to make this self binding flannel baby blanket.
 

 
To explain it in a nutshell, you cut out a 30' and a 40' square of flannel, center and stitch the edges then stitch your mitered corners.  Flip it right side out and sew a decorative stitch along the edge to close it up and that's it! 
 
See the video link for the real How-To from the Missouri Quilt Co.

 
Like my flannel panel?  I scored a yard of this at a random garage sale for $2!  Yep, I'll take that!  And the baby boy this was made for was just born last week.  Welcome to the world Jase!

 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Jenny, did you use a walking foot? I've never sewn flannel before.