Tutorials

Saturday, October 5, 2013

My AQS Show Haul

 
Well, I survived another year of the AQS Quilt Show.  Or, maybe I should say: My pocket book survived another AQS Show.  Hee hee.  Here is what I brought back with me. 
Starting with the upper left is a new hobby (Just what I need, right?!)  I'm going to try--Needle punch.  Have you tried this?  It looks really easy to do, and you can make all kinds of things with them-- ornaments, pillows, or just frame them.  I think it would be really cute to turn your kid's artwork into a needle punch project.  I've got a lifetime supply of DMC floss that's just calling my name!
 
 I also got a few fabric samples, a Christmas charm pack- In from the cold by Kate Spain.  It's so cute and pretty at the same time.  I like how it's mostly red and greens.  I'm a traditional Christmas colors kinda girl.  But there is also light turquoise and grey colorways in there too.  I'm going to turn that and the rest of the Christmas fabric you see here into an Advent calender with the Countdown to Christmas Quilt-A-Long.  I've already made some progress with it! 
 
I picked up a few random fat quarters, binding clips, and a photo matte.  The idea with the photo matte is to put pictures of your quilts in there.  The frame I already have is a bit longer than the matte, but I'll just fill that in with more pictures.  Because what quilter has made only 6 quilts?  Uh, if you've been a quilter for a few years, I'll bet you have more than 6 quilts to your name.  Even if they are mostly baby quilts.  :P  I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it together.  But don't hold your breath!

 
My class with Sally Terry was fun.  This is my sample that I got to take home with me.  All the other classes I've taken didn't let you take your piece home.  So this was a nice surprise.  They didn't have backing fabric on our samples, so it quilted up kinda goofy, but I guess they save a lot on fabric that way.  It still worked well enough to get the hang of it.  We made birds, fish and butterflies.  And ginkgo leaves.  And other pretty things.

 
She signed my books.

 
And we all got a special certificate.

 
Oh, and I also got this infinity scarf.  It's so soft and pretty.  I'm excited to wear it.

 
And most importantly a roll of Hobbs 80/20 batting.  No shipping charge for this cowboy. 
Yee Haaaw!
 
I took some pics of some of the quilts, but that will be in another post.  The show was so much fun and inspiring.  I'm on a sewing high right now.  Soo many ideas and inspiration, so little time!

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Great haul and your quilting looks great! I really enjoyed the show, too...There were some amazing quilts.