Tutorials

Monday, January 6, 2014

Client Christmas Cards


 
This Christmas I decided to make and send out cards to all of my clients of the 2013 calendar year.  This is what I came up with--scrappy Christmas trees!  They were pretty simple and fun to make.  I used an old stove top stuffing box and drew my trees on them.  Next I ironed on my fusible web to the back.  Then the fun part of laying my little fabric scraps on and pressing them on.  I ironed on little brown scraps onto the card for the stump and then glued the trees on top.  Next, I hot glued on the little bows.
 
 
I had a heck of a time finding blank cards that were the right size, folded in half, and had envelopes.  And looked slightly Christmasy.  I finally settled on these.  They were a little wild and un-Christmasy looking, (especially the printing inside the envelopes) but it was the best I could do without devoting a whole afternoon shopping for cards.  (out of 2 whole aisles of stationary at Target, something there had to work by gosh!)  So, I think I've started a little business tradition for Christmas.  And I have plenty of extra blank cards to do so!
 
Anyways, I am really grateful for all my clients.  I somehow manage to do more quilts than the year before without having to do hardly any advertising.  Which means there's a lot of word-of-mouth going on out there.  That gets me more clients than blogging does.  Actually blogging has generated zero clients for me.  Which is fine.  I don't really have my blog set up for that and I don't want to get soo busy that I'm stressed out with it.  (Not that I wouldn't welcome that though!)  I guess I blog for me and as a place to share my quilting and other projects.  They're (almost) all here in this one place! 
 
So good bye 2013 and bring on 2014!  It's going to be a busy year--in more ways than one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my card!
~ Mom