Tutorials

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Katie's Quilt


It was my turn to orchestrate the quilt for December for my do. Good Stitches Haven group.  I decided to try to make the block as quick and easy as possible for my ladies since December is a very hectic and sometimes stressful month for the holidays.  So my instructions were to just sew strips of fabric together into a 12.5 inch block.  My only rule was to keep the blocks either warm or cool colors.  They could make 2 warm, 2 cool, or one of each.  So far I only have about half the blocks from everyone.  But I am looking forward to playing around with them and figuring out what the heck I'm going to do with them all!


 Here's a quilt my sister made.  


I went a little fancy on the borders.  Fancy for me anyways.  The pieced blocks were perfect for design spacing.


 In the center I did an all-over feathered paisley design.  



But my favorite part is the back.  I used a sage green thread on both the top and bottom so it really shows up on the cream colored solid back.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that Katie! How does she get so much done?? Very pretty - I like to look at the fabrics to see which ones were gleaned from my scrap basket!!!!
~ Mom

Katie Rock said...

This is going to be a wedding gift for our friends. They were married in October - hopefully I'll have it bound by Valentine's Day.