Tutorials

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

karen and marty's


Karen had me quilt up this jelly roll race quilt.


It's a masculine quilt in navy, grays and neutrals, so we went with a paisley design all over.


the back.


Marty made this 25 patch quilt using old fabrics from a friend that had recently passed away. 


I did an all-over flower/swirl/leaf design.


Instead of regular batting, she used a thin cotton blanket. Actually I think it was a flat sheet- similar to flannel, but not flannel. That's a new one for me, but it worked out just fine and it has a nice thin weight to it.


Thanks ladies for the quilting adventures!

2 comments:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Nice quilts! I like the sheet idea for batting. It would make a nice summer weight quilt.

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Nice quilts! I like the sheet idea for batting. It would make a nice summer weight quilt.