Tutorials

Monday, September 16, 2019

MaryJo's Coneflower Garden


Mary Jo made this amazing coneflower garden quilt.


I custom quilted the outer pieced borders with a large feather in the dark areas, and c2c in the peach squares. 


The rest of the middle was quilted all-over in a half feather design with swirls and leaves.


A petite 5 year old girl is there for scale. ;)


I used a light grey thread throughout the quilt.


I drew the undulating and curved spine with chalk pencil and free-handed the feathers to fill the space.



The backing.



A good look at the all-over design.


Thanks so much Mary Jo!


These blocks were for my Nurture circle for do Good stitches. A very striking and cool design, but I goofed up the little pink and green corners. They ended up a little lopsided, but it was too late to fix it, so off it went.

No comments: