Tutorials

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Scrappy Rail Fence


Norene made this fun scrappy rail fence quilt. My little Gretta is having a good time disturbing my little photo session. Never fails that as soon as I get the phone out, she comes right on over from across the room-or all the way from the upstairs- or even from playing outside and on top of the quilt!


Lots of fun colors and prints in this one. Love the little spritz of black and white polka dots that are in the mix. 



I quilted an all-over design of scalloped paisleys on it using a cream thread.




The back. Thanks Norene, this was a fun one! And thank goodness school is back in session :) I have already quilted more in the not-quite two weeks of school than the whole month of July. As it should be. Summer flies by so fast, you have to enjoy it! Now my days alternate from quilting and canning. Mostly tomatoes from the garden, but also some aronia berry jam just this morning. I still have lots of berries in the freezer from last year's harvest, and the bushes are full and ready for picking again. I have a feeling everyone on my Christmas list is getting some aronia berry jam :)

1 comment:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Love this quilt! Great for using up those little scraps.

I would love a jar of jam!