Tutorials

Friday, May 1, 2020

Stacked Coins- Emergency EKG


Norene made this Stacked Coins quilt and wanted it custom quilted.



The strips had an emergency/first responders theme to it. One of the fabrics had an EKG line on it, so I decided to try to recreate that in the border.


I did some measuring, some drawing with a ruler, cutting, taping, re-cutting, re-drawing and fussing about, but I eventually came up with the right size and angled shape template using some poster board.


I quilted the backgrounds different above with circles, and below with swirls.





In the strip sets, I kept the quilting simple with meandering, and I used my curved ruler in the lighter areas.


I changed to a red thread to do some circles in the narrow red sashings.








.....beep.....


.....beep.....


Ta daa! I love how this one turned out. 
Thanks Norene!

No comments: