Tutorials

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

DGS-January blocks, Becki's blue stacked coins


These were my 2 blocks for do.Good Stitches back in January. We used 2.5 inch scrappy strips and they went together very quickly. Here is the tutorial. As you can see, I didn't' have quite enough of a couple fabrics, and filled in with the best coordinating fabric I could scrounge up. 


Becki made another stacked coins quilt, this time with a blue checked border.
(there was brown #1, and a second brown, and, guess what, there's a couple more green ones yet to come too.)


These are pretty fun to quilt up, with the long blocks and borders.


It's hard to see the quilting, but in the large blue strips, I did a swirly flower border design.


I keep it simple in the 'coins' with meandering and double bubbles.




And, the back. I tried out a new to me design in the smaller outer border called 'braided wheat'
I like it.



Thanks Becki!

No comments: