Tutorials

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Fire Island Hosta




Barb told me about this quilt she had been working on. A Judy Niemeyer pattern. If you are not familiar with Judy's work, just know that her patterns are very fancy and involve intricate paper piecing, and usually requires a series of classes to learn the method of how to put the quilt together.  These are the types of quilts that win shows. 'Sure, I'll quilt it for you", I said. 😶


After much internet research, thread ordering, and a little bit of procrastinating, I decided it was going to be more fun than intimidating. As long as I broke it down to simple, do-able pieces and parts.


I pulled several ideas and elements from other quilters posts. Thank you! It's one of the main reasons why I keep up the blogging, to help others get ideas. Because I get inspiration from others.


Some ruler work, mixed with some free-motion.





In the purple background, I free-motioned various designs. Feathers, swirls, flowers, etc.







A few shots of the back.




Thanks so much Barb!

3 comments:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting!