Tutorials

Monday, September 14, 2020

A couple Do.Good. Stitches blocks, T-Shirt Quilt

 
Here I have a couple of blocks from my do.Good Stitches Nurture circle from a few months back. This one was an Around the World in red, white, blue and gray using 2.5 inch strips.


The request for this block was any 12" block inside of a square in a square block using jewel tones. I wanted to use my Quick Curve Ruler and found a block I liked from their free tutorials-Chic Stars. I had to make my pieces a bit bigger as the pattern finishes at 11 inches. I added a half inch to the pieces and it made the block plenty big. Too big almost! I ended up trimming quite a bit of the turquoise fabric off, but the design still fit, so it was successful nonetheless. 


Joyce made this T-Shirt quilt for a high school graduate.




I chose to use a cobalt blue thread.


I did my usual of all-over swirly designs and custom outlined the shirts.




Thanks Joyce!