Tutorials

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Cindy's Log Cabin


Cindy made this awesome log cabin quilt.



I covered it in feathers. Longarm feathers in the big border, little feathers in the little border...


...And more undulating free-form feathers in the blocks.






A couple peeks at the back. 

When doing the big feathers in the center, I start with a large meander from one end to the other, then, work my way all the way back down the spine on one side. Then I work my way back up on the other side. So I will go over the area three times back and forth, ending on the opposite end from where I started. After I advance the quilt, I start the process over again, this time going in the opposite direction- starting on the same side I ended up on. 


And fill in every nook and cranny along the way!
Thanks Cindy.

 

No comments: