Tutorials

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Norene's Embroidered Butterflies-FANCY!


Norene put together this beautiful quilt made with butterfly embroidered blocks. 



I used a thin white thread throughout the quilt. 


It is super hard to see, but in the outer border, I quilted flowers, and in the purple sashings, I quilted a curved feather.


The embroidered blocks were fairly simple. Once the embroidery was outlined, and the open corners were filled with a couple curls, all that was left was the center area.


The center area was already marked with grid lines. I was given permission to quilt whatever I pleased, but decided to go ahead and use those marks for c2c. Why not? Plus, I couldn't think of anything better to quilt there besides a feather wreath.


The same flower design in the border went into the cornerstones.







I alternated curls and feathers.





I made sure the feathers fully circled around the center blocks. 

Thanks Norene! I love how this one turned out- it's so purdy!



No comments: