Tutorials

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Jessica's Silky Lilly Pulitzer



Rewind back to December for a moment here. Each year I make a little thank you Christmas card for my clients with an ornament made from selvages. The ornament for 2020 was a little mask.


I think they turned out pretty cute! I think 2021 will go back to the regular Christmas themed designs, but it's getting harder to come up with something new!


Jessica was commissioned to make this large sized quilt with 4-patches of Lilly Pulitzer fabrics.


Her client wanted to use this silky white chiffon fabric for the backing. 




I used a white thread and quilted fun feathers and leaves in the sashings.


In each 4-patch I quilted a large flower design.






The back turned out so pretty!


Reminds me of a wedding dress. 





Jessica was concerned about this backing fabric, but she did not need to be. It turned out gorgeous!
Thanks Jessica!

No comments: