Tutorials

Friday, June 25, 2021

Minecraft Sampler Quilt


Anita made this really cool Minecraft quilt sampler for her son.



Can you figure out what each block is?


Me neither! 
There's a pig, chicken, sword, axe, dynamite, a yeti, a zombie, health potion, a happy guy, a dirt/grass block. One that kind of looks like Winnie the Pooh. A googly-eyed snowman perhaps?? Some bad guys?? I barely understand the basics of the game, my 9yo plays it once in a great while. Or watches other people play it on Youtube. I guess that's fun...


I get why the object of the game is fun, I just don't understand why in this modern day and age the graphics have to be so basic looking and pixelated. It kinda hurts my eyes. And hard to decipher what the heck things are. That's my two cents on Minecraft if anyone is asking. lol!


But, I guess the plus side is that they make great quilt blocks!


I just quilted all-over paisleys in a light gray thread to blend in both light and dark areas. Super simple.


The backing even has Minecraft fabric in it.


Thanks for the fun quilt Anita!

No comments: