Sunday, January 27, 2013
Maria from Mia's Creations has nominated me for the Liebster Award! It's an fun "award" passed from blogger to blogger as a way to network and acknowledge some of your favorite blogs. A receiving blog must have less than 200 followers.
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.
1. What's your favourite colour?
2. Do you like to design your own patterns or are you happy make things from other designers patterns?
I like following a pattern. Although it is fun sometimes to make up your own version of something. Tweak it just a little.
3. Do you enjoy cooking, if so what's your favourite recipe?
I do. Oh, I don't know! We like to make pizza quite a bit and I make my crust from scratch. I make it so much that I know the recipe by heart. I've actually tweaked it by adding milled flax seed and wheat bran to it in attempt to make pizza somewhat healthy. Here it is:
1 cup hot water-put this into a large bowl. Then add 1 tablespoon of yeast, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon each of sugar and salt. stir that together. Then add about a quarter cup each of the milled flax seed and wheat bran. (I never actually measure this, I just dump some in and eyeball it.) Stir. Next you add in your flour. I use regular white flour. I've tried using a blend of half wheat and half white flour, but it makes it taste like cardboard. So I've just eliminated the wheat flour altogether. If you were to add some- I wouldn't put much more than 1/4 cup. Anyways, add in your flour until it forms a ball. (2-3+ cups) Knead in more flour on a floured surface until it's not very sticky anymore. Next, pour a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil back into your bowl. Take your ball of dough and plop it into the oil, give it a spin, and then flip it over so that it's pretty much covered in oil. Then you let it rest for 10 minutes or so until you get your toppings ready.
Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray your pizza pan with cooking spray and press your dough out. It shouldn't stick to your fingers. If it does, add more flour next time. Once you get it pressed out, put it into the oven for about 10 minutes or so to pre-cook it a bit. If you don't pre-cook it, it can be a little doughy in the center. We have the pizza pan with the bajillion little holes in it and this is the way that works best for us. I don't know how it would turn out on other non-perforated pizza pans... Anyway, then you obviously take it out and add your sauce and all your toppings. We usually do sausage and pepperoni, then I make my side with green peppers, mushrooms and onions. The hubby prefers his without the veggies. And then the cheese goes on last. We also really like to make ham and pineapple pizza too. And once in a great while we might do BBQ chicken pizza.
Let me know if you actually try it and how you like it!
4. Which is your favourite season?
5. Which bad habit would you like to quit?
Gaining weight :)
6. Why did you start blogging?
To network with others who share the same quilting/sewing/crafty interests as me. And as a place to share what I can do and promote my quilting.
7. Have you traveled abroad and if so where?
Once, to Greece. Loooved it!
8. Do you prefer cooking or housework?
I'd rather make a mess than clean it up! So cooking :)
9. What's your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
Bake something and sew. perhaps a movie.
10. Do you have a pet and what is it?
I have several neglected houseplants- do those count??
11. If you could have one wish what would you wish for?
11 Random Things about me:
1. I am NOT a morning person.
2. I live on a farm.
3. I am a 4-H leader.
4. I do not like coffee.
5. I like making photobooks on Shutterfly.
6. I like listening to all kinds of music.
7. I can usually name that tune in a few seconds.
8. I almost always sew a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance
9. I am partial to tone-on-tone fabrics
10. I like to keep my toenails painted at all times.
11. I am good at shuffling playing cards.
11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite healthy snack?
2. What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
3. What was your first sewing project?
4. Do you organize your fabric, and how?
5. Do you play a musical instrument?
6. Name a song that you never get sick of hearing.
7. What is your worst sewing injury?
8. Paper, plastic, or bring your own (most likely handmade) bags to the grocery store?
9. What is the oldest thing in your fridge right now?
10. Favorite kind of pie.
11. Do you paint your nails?
Those answers ought to be interesting! Now here are my nominees:
1. Wendy http://stitchduchessscrazysanequiltingworld.blogspot.com/
2. Amanda http://heartlandhappy.blogspot.com/
3. Karen http://whereismyseamripper.blogspot.com/
4. Kim http://sewnsewquilting.blogspot.com/
5. Kathy http://kathystitchbystitch.blogspot.com/
6. Karen http://hazeldellquilts.blogspot.com/
7. Shannon http://moderntraditionquilts.blogspot.com/
8. Candace http://doublenickelquilts.blogspot.com/
9. Judy http://furballfarmquilting.blogspot.com/
10. Lori http://nightowlquilting.blogspot.com/
11. Ramona http://threadtime.wordpress.com/
Thanks so much for nominating me Maria! It took me a while to get this post together (finding 11 blogs with <200 anticipated="" but="" difficult="" followers="" have="" i="" it="" more="" nbsp="" p="" than="" there="" was="" you="">