Tutorials

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

QCR and do. Good Stitches Blocks


This was my March block for do. Good stitches Haven group.  We could either make 2 smaller blocks or one big one.  I went with BIG!  It's 20.5 inches square!  I wanted to use that fabric for the center- it's a big print and worked with the color scheme for this quilt.  



And here is April's blocks.  Emily had us pick out a block from Jeni of In Color Order's HST Block of the month tutorial.  A great resource if you are looking for HST block inspiration.  Emily is going to make two baby quilts- one with cool colors and a black and white.  

Also: Sarah completed our first quilt made with inspiring words and traditional blocks.  It turned out amazing!!  Sarah blogged about it here


And then I have my QCR QAL blocks.  These are #10- Star block.  


This one is  my Scrappy/practice version.  I really like this block pattern a lot!  And it was really simple to make too.  All 12 of the block tutorials are posted, and I'm working on finishing them up.  The last two are drunkards path and spools.  Can't wait to put them all together!

No comments: