Tutorials

Monday, June 3, 2013

Jane's Patriotic and Halloween Quilts

 
My Aunt Jane made these two small quilts and had me quilt them up for her.  This one is obviously very patriotic and scrappy.  I love it!

 
I quilted an all-over swirl and star design.  For some reason I had it in my head to make the stars the non-crossing-over way.  Which is a lot trickier to do let me tell ya. I thought they would be more visible this way, especially after echoing them too.
 
 
I noticed that sometimes here and there she used the wrong side of the fabric as a light.  That is a good trick Aunt Jane!
 
 
 
And here's her Halloween quilt!  Isn't it adorable?!
 
 
Naturally I thought of a feather spine for the borders, so I made it funky.  As for the center I made a swirl with spikes echoed around them. 

 
In the stars in the corners I quilted spider webs, but I failed to get a picture of it.  Argh!  Ah well,  Aunt Jane loved them both!  She sure has a lot of festive prints in her stash huh?
 
 
 
 

No comments: