Tutorials

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIP Wednesday

 
Jann made this throw quilt for a relative battling cancer.
 
 
Here is the back where you can see the quilting. 
 
 
And here is another project I've been working on.  I somehow ended up with several orphan blocks, odds and ends, left over bits and pieces from a few different people.  (Anyone recognize a block or two?)  It's very... uuhhh, unique?? 
 
I came across this Call for completed quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders a while back and decided to use these bits up for this charity.  I have never donated to them before, but how could you not want to after seeing the pictures of those happy kids with their quilts.  Anyway, they are in need of 500-600 completed quilts by July 12th!  They have a few recommendations on the size and require that you bind by machine.  See the link for more details.  I hope they make their quota!  depending on how quickly I can get my act together, I might make another...we'll see.

 
But here's the project I've really been working on.  A Christmas quilt!  It's a triple 4-patch using 1.5, 2.5, and 4.5 inch squares.  It's very scrappy.  And very addicting to work on.  When I should be doing a million other things,  this is what I gravitate to.  So far I have 36-8 inch blocks about done, but I still have a little more Christmas fabric left, so the plan is to keep cutting til it's all gone!
 
 
And I'll leave you with this shot of (get this!) and old shower curtain Norene had me quilt up into a table topper.  It was very satin-y and drapey and was concerned how well it would quilt up, but it turned out beautiful!
 
I am linking up to WIP Wednesday.  See what everyone else is up to!
 

No comments: