Tutorials

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday!

 
I actually have a WIP to share!  And just in time for Valentine's Day!  This tablerunner is called 'Sweetheart' from Quilter's Newsletter.  It's a free online pattern!  I have started to get into making table runners since they are a small project--I can actually start and finish a project in a reasonable amount of time.  This pattern appealed to me because it uses lots of little scraps.  (What 80% of my stash seems to be!)  The squares finish at 1.5".  The hearts on the ends are paper pieced, I just have to peel the paper off the backs.  My least favorite part. 
 
I added the orange heart just for the heck of it.  And I was worried I didn't have enough variety in my red scraps, so swapping them out for an orange heart seemed like a good idea.


 
I just need to get some red fabric for the border.  And then it's almost ready to be quilted.  So it wont be done for Valentine's Day, but oh well.  It will be ready for next year!
 


 
And here are my blocks for my Do Good Stitches Haven group.  X and + block.  They went together quick!  It's my turn again next month and I'm undecided on what block to have them do.  I have some ideas, but am on the fence about them.
 
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Nilya said...

your valentines tabelrunner is so sweet!

Katie Rock said...

I really like that X + block. Hmmm....

Char said...

Love the table runner.

Jessica said...

Nice work! I love the orange...