Tutorials

Monday, May 12, 2014

Amish Sampler Quilt


Luanne made this Amish sampler quilt.  Love the bold colors in this one!  Lots of custom work was the ticket here.  No way was an overall pattern going on this quilt.  


I had fun quilting this quilt.  I think this block is my favorite.


This quilt is about the fanciest quilting I'm capable of, just so you know.




I used a charcoal colored thread throughout the quilt.  It blended in just enough in the colored blocks, but still stood out a bit in the black.  If I'm going to put in the time and effort to custom quilt each block and border, I want to be able to see it!  (But not so bold to notice every little tiny mistake either.)


Plenty of borders and sashings to go around.  Feathers and figure 8's.


Ta Daa!  This quilt was a monster and took me quite a few naptimes to finish.  But I love how it turned out.  This was my first time with a quilt using black batting.  Since her back was solid black, it was a very wise choice on Luanne's part.  I had no issues with it at all, you just notice the lint buildup on your machine a lot more.  Thanks Luanne for entrusting me with your quilt!


No comments: