Tutorials

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Norene's Fancy 9-Patch


Fancy quilting alert!  Norene made this lovely 9-patch quilt with scraps and a whole lot of white.  I love it.


And here's what I did to it.  It took a little searching to find the perfect design to fit all the nooks and crannies of the negative space, but I think I found a winner.


For each pass, I would quilt half of the design- the bottom- then once I got across to the end, I came back and did the top half.  Then I would do the same thing for the C2C colored 9-patches.  So there are very few starts and stops.  


For the border I did a feather.  The borders were a bit wavy, so the echoing helped out with that quite a bit.


I used white Glide thread throughout the whole quilt.


Can you tell I really like this one??  Makes me want to buy a bolt of white fabric and make a few of my own.  Because I've got enough scraps to do it :)

4 comments:

knottygnome said...

that is really beautiful and your quilting enhances the pattern in such a lovely way.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Perfect in every way!!

I always buy white by the bolt. Love using white!!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely!
~ Mom

Katie Rock said...

It looks crisp and yet fun! Awesome!