Tutorials

Friday, March 1, 2019

Pennants


I have a finish to share! I started making these triangle pennants back in 2014 shortly after seeing a blog post by Amy.  Once I got started making these scrappy triangles, they went fast! A bit addicting to make for sure. The details of the beginnings were blogged about here.



I made enough to make 10 rows of 12 pennants. I added a narrow black border to the top and a 2.5 inch white strip to the bottom. 


I SID each row and did a different design for each row too. 


The white sky got a menagerie of  filler designs.


I used white thread throughout.


Once I got the blocks sewn into rows, I stalled out for a while I guess because they were not all the same length.  I eventually decided that done is better than perfect and put the top together, even if a few pennants got a little trimmed off on the end.


 I don't know why it took me so long to get this quilt on the blog. I finished it last summer!  I kept forgetting to take pictures of it, then when I did, it still kept getting forgotten.


Such a fun project! I should revisit it because my scrap bins are full to the brim yet again.

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty scrappy...well done!

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Love this quilt! I'd make another if I were you - a great scrap buster!