Tutorials

Friday, March 29, 2019

Penny's Mystery Quilt


Our quilt guild had a mystery quilt challenge where instructions were handed out each month to make a quilt, without you knowing how the pattern will look in the end. This is Penny's!


Isn't it so neat?! 


Taking quilt pictures is challenging when the preschooler is home. :)


Penny added some wide borders to hers. I quilted big swirls in the purple and a big ol' feather in the green. For the blocks I did an all-over with the exception placing the big rose flowers in the four corners. I couldn't leave that big lavender solid corner there without doing something.


Paisley swirls and flowers and funky feathers.







a peek at the back.


Thanks Penny! I did not participate in the Mystery quilt challenge, but after seeing the end result, I kinda wish I had. Ah well, at least I get to quilt it! That kinda counts right?

1 comment:

Karen said...

That looks great! I signed up for a mystery quilt and I was SO glad I didn't start it. I wasn't a fan of the pattern. Lovely colours as well.