Tutorials

Friday, May 3, 2019

Orange Charm pack Quilt


Norene, my Mother-in-law, made this quilt for my nephew with 5" charm squares.  So, I wanted to quilt it special.


My nephew is about 13 years old, so I wanted to quilt it as 'cool' as I could. :)


I went with a geometric design in the orange negative spaces, similar to the white star-shaped design in the print. The colored prints just got a double corner-to-corner to keep it simple.


The wide border got some more ruler-work treatment. It's nice when you can use the blocks to mark your way around the quilt.



And it's really nice when there is an even amount of blocks to make the same corner design in each corner. It's hard to tell, but I used a bright green thread for the swirl/pebble filler around the edge.



The backing features historical Colorado themed fabric to commemorate a special trip they made together to Denver for a hockey tournament. 


Lots of time taken for ruler work on this one! But its worth it I think. Especially for family. :)

No comments: