My next set of pages are 'Pick Flowers for the Vase'. I made one for each kid-three total. I didn't use a pattern for my greenery, I just starting snipping away at my green felt scraps and pinned them on, making sure to give plenty of space for 5 flowers. I stitched my felt grass, stems and leaves on using some decorative stitches on my sewing machine.
The leaves I just did a decorative stitch down the center. Perfect for hiding a little trinket behind. I totally raided my Mom's massive button and bauble stash for this!
The ladybug patch used to be on my back-pack in high school!
And here are my 3 vases, all sitting on a table with tablecloth in a wallpapered room. My flowers are a bit over-sized I think, but I guess it just makes for a very full bouquet!
Boy there was a lot of hand sewing on these!
3 hidden angels
1 ladybug, 1 kitty and 1 ribbon flower
The flowers are just little quilt sandwiches- top, batting, and back fabric- that I stitched various flower shapes around the edges and cut out with either regular scissors, pinking shears, or I happen to have a scallop rotary cutter blade that I finally got to try out. Then I stitched a button hole in the centers. Some flowers have the same fabric on the front and back, and some I made different. More choices!