Tutorials

Monday, April 22, 2019

Barbie Clothes- Belle Dress, Summer Top


The striped top is a free pattern from Chelly Wood's Summer Wardrobe. Her website has tons of free patterns for dolls of all shapes and sizes. This top consisted of 6 pieces and 8 shaping darts! Holy smokes! It was a bit of work, but it does make for a really nice fitted top, and no raw edges to finish.

The Belle ball gown was made using this tutorial. I added a little white flower button at the top and some shimmery cream wired ribbon for the bottom. I gathered and stitched it to the skirt in a few places to make it extra fancy.



Well, this sums up my adventure making Barbie clothes. I hope you are inspired to try to make some of your own for the Barbie players in your life. I don't think I even got all the clothes I made photographed!


As you can tell, I had a lot of fun using fun themed small prints, old socks, ribbons, bows, buttons and elastics. There was lots of velcro and krazy glue, and thread color changes too. Who knows, maybe the fever will strike again sometime. They would make a good gift for a little friend.



Here are links to all of the tutorials I used. 


(scroll halfway down)




No comments: