Tutorials

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

DGS Quilt-Layer Cake Pop


I had my doGood Stitches group make these Layer Cake Pop blocks in bright colors last fall. Once I had all the blocks, I played with the layout a little bit. First in a random arrangement.


Then I thought, since I had about every color of the rainbow, lets try a diagonal rainbow order layout. Well, mostly rainbow order. The red, pink and orange are out of sorts a bit, but with the number of blocks I had of each, it made sense to arrange them this way.



Yep, that was the way to do it!


I custom quilted the stars and filled in the white background with lots of swirls,flowers, and other random things.






I marked the large colored squares diagonally with a chalk pencil. That was the only marking I did. The other star part I used the seam lines to guide.


I used up some leftover binding pieces and arranged them so that they kind of went alongside with the colors in the quilt. Another job well done Nurture circle ladies!



I had to get that quilt done and outta here because my turn was up again for March blocks. I decided to do another version of the Split 9-patch block, this time with cheery red, yellow, and bright colors. Color coordinated and scrappy. My favorite! My tutorial link for this block is in the tab at the top of the blog. My old Haven circle made the first version in black, blue, gray, and lights. I loved how it turned out! 


No comments: